From Creation to Christ – Guided Discovery Bible Study Reference List

by davidwatson on July 11, 2009

Many of you have been asking for the From Creation to Christ – Guided Discovery Bible Study Reference List.  Here it is.

Blessings!

John 3:1-21

Redemption: We Have a Choice

Be Sociable, Share!

{ 11 trackbacks }

Small Groups that have the DNA of a Gospel Planting Movement
February 18, 2010 at 11:39 am
Kleingruppen mit der DNA für eine Gemeindegründungsbewegung « Gemeindegründung im Süden
April 16, 2010 at 1:19 pm
The DNA of Discovery Groups | Contagious Disciple Making
April 16, 2014 at 8:42 am
Resources for working with Muslims | To the Nations 1040
May 7, 2014 at 6:06 pm

{ 15 comments… read them below or add one }

1 NTAKIRUTIMANA EMMANUEL April 23, 2010 at 5:24 am

THI IS INTESTING GOD BLESS IN WHATEVER YOU DO AND PROCTECT YOU.

2 Wanda Hoerle July 12, 2012 at 4:51 pm

I was wondering if there are a list of questions to go with the Discovery Bible Study reference list.
I’d definitely like to get an idea of what kind of questions you ask.

Thanks!

3 davidwatson July 12, 2012 at 8:10 pm

Download “Discovering God” at http://www.davidlwatson.org/downloads/

4 Oliver October 31, 2012 at 10:58 am

Hi,

When I click on the link above to download it asks for a username and password. Can you help me?

Blessings

5 davidwatson November 9, 2012 at 7:47 am

You must subscribe to the blog to download. Upon approval of subscription you will be able to access all areas of the blog.

6 Wanda Hoerle December 8, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Do you have other studies besides the Genesis to Resurrection one? Once you have done that, what do you do?

7 davidwatson December 18, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Check the Downloads tab on this blog. You have to subscribe to the blog to get access to downloads.

8 whoerle December 18, 2012 at 5:03 pm

David, I looked at the downloads on the blog, but I don’t see a list of Bible studies that are appropriate to do once a group has done the Genesis one. Our group has done that and we are working through the Bible using the Discovery Method. My husband and I recently attended a weekend training with your son Paul. He mentioned there is a list of topics to cover.

We have become a home church at this point.

9 davidwatson December 18, 2012 at 5:38 pm

There a number of Scripture lists in my Blog articles. See:
Guest Post – Small Groups that have the DNA of a Gospel Planting Movement
Community of Believers – What does Scripture Say?
Church Planting Essentials – Living in Community as the Body of Christ
Core Value – Prayer (DBS Scripture List)
Obedience Based Discipleship

The one in Downloads is Discovering Obedience Based Discipleship.

Blessings!

David

10 alainak December 18, 2012 at 11:32 am

I read about the DBS in Missions Frontier and am excited you made it available to download. Thanks! I was a bit confused by your warning not to use the material as a workbook. What exactly did you mean by that? My intentions would be to read through the material and use it (using only a pen and paper as you suggested) with my neighbor lady who says she is a Christian but does not go to church. I have many friends who who have friends like this and would like to share this material with them as well. They are Christians but stay away from church. I guess you could make the statement that they are not Christian because they don’t attend church and aren’t submitted to other believers or even God in doing so. However, I see the community they have and how they care for others around them and I wonder if they live more like Jesus than those of us who go to church every Sunday.

11 davidwatson December 18, 2012 at 12:03 pm

The material is designed for a person to use it as a guide for Disciple Making using Scripture only. If you hand the materials to someone as a workbook and tell them to do it, this is not Disciple Making, because you have removed your relationship with the person from the equation. This is about you interacting in real life using Scripture to help another person learn how to interact in real life using Scripture. As they fall in love with Jesus, and obedience to the Word becomes a normal part of their lives, the relationship deepens and the Disciple Maker matures more than the one he or she is discipling. This is one of the paradoxes of Christianity. One cannot become a disciple without making disciples. One cannot grow in faith without helping others to grow in faith. One cannot live in obedience without exhorting, encouraging, and equipping others to be obedient. This is not an academic process. It’s a life on lives process. Disciple Making is not a task, it’s a lifestyle.

Blessings!

David Watson
Irving Texas

12 Andy Andersen June 6, 2013 at 9:54 am

Hi, David,
I am hoping to use this method and material some time in Tanzania where we live and work as missionaries. I trust we have permission to use this, as were directed to this method by a fellow missionary working in Kenya. Thanks for sharing.
In Christ,
Andy

13 davidwatson June 7, 2013 at 3:54 am

You may use any of our materials as long as you cite them and do not sell them. If you don’t cite and/or if you sell the information without permission from Cityteam International, there may be legal consequences. Our publisher, Thomas Nelson, is very vigilant.

14 Ray Chambers May 3, 2014 at 9:53 pm

I have tried repeatedly to register for the blog, but have never received a password, and so I don’t know what to do now.
Thanks,
Ray

15 davidwatson May 8, 2014 at 5:58 am

Hi, Ray. Thanks for letting me know about this. I have notified our webmaster. Please let me know if you don’t get your password.

Blessings!